Product, Automation and Service Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Changing the definition of sequencing isn’t just our tagline – it’s a commitment to game-changing advances in the field of genomics. Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Product, Service and Automation Manager
We are seeking an exceptional candidate to serve as the Product, Service and Automation Manager for 10x Genomics Instrument platforms. This position is responsible for product management of all of our instrumentation, guiding the product development and lifecycle processes for our instrument portfolio. This position will also act as the escalation pathway for hardware service issues, as well as being a key contact for our OEM automation partners and customers. The primary goal of this position is to ensure our instrumentation lives up to the 10x standard for truly transforming our customers research.
- Provide product development guidance for new instrument platforms.
- Manage life cycle of our current instrument platforms in collaboration with Design and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Manage the escalation process for systemic service issues with 10x instrumentation. Partner daily with in-house R&D scientists and Engineers to provide timely resolution.
- Be the principal point of contact for service issues with our High Throughput, custom 10x automation integration customers.
- Communicate with 10x Support organization to provide updates and explanations on firmware changes and hardware failure modes.
- Be the Voice of the Customer. Distill, quantify and actively represent Customer feedback to internal teams. Use your “Customer Perspective” to advocate for the User Experience while serving as a member of core product development teams
- Produce technical content. Develop, write, and edit technical documentation for internal and external customers.
- Lead Technical Instrument Training. Develop and maintain the Training Curriculum for Support. Lead and/ or assist the training of new Support personnel.
Required Skills and Background
- BS with 5 years of experience, MS with 3 years of experience in Automation, Biological, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering in a High Tech or Biotech instrumentation company.
- Secondary experience with Genomics highly desirable.
- Experience in Customer-facing roles is a must. Product Management or Support experience preferred.
- Illumina NGS, Cell culture, cell sorting, single cell PCR or RNAseq experience desirable
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required
- Outstanding written, verbal communication and training skills are a MUST
- Willing to travel up to 25%, International and Domestic
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.