Product Manager, Informatics
Location: Pleasanton, CA
By joining 10x Genomics, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
The Product Manager will be responsible for all aspects of software and informatics product marketing related to genome analysis. This includes assessing and prioritizing customer and market requirements, working closely with development to deliver market-leading products, and managing successful product launches. It also includes assessing third party offerings and creating relevant programs.
- Aid in developing detailed informatics product strategy and roadmap to meet company objectives
- Creatively develop and test product concepts and ideas cross-functionally
- Deliver on an ongoing basis software product requirements with associated prioritization, metrics, and supporting analysis
- Work very closely with multi-disciplinary teams including R&D, Sales, Applications, Finance and Manufacturing to ensure successful implementation of product requirements
- Plan and lead successful product launches
- Perform competitive and market analysis
- Develop and manage programs to build an informatics ecosystem consisting of both academic and vendor software
- Train field teams and support selling activities, including development of sales tools and collateral
- Track record of success defining and launching excellent products
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in life science company or related field, prefer experience in product management/marketing positions.
- Knowledge of sequence analysis methodologies and pipelines required
- Degree in molecular biology, computational biology, computer science, engineering or associated scientific field required. Ph.D., MBA or other advanced degree desirable, but not required.
- Experience across instrument, software, and consumable life science products with associated technical depth strongly preferred
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority, and to work effectively with customers, development, and field teams
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Must be an intelligent individual with an excellent work ethic, exceptional judgment, and unquestionable integrity
- Hands on, high energy, and highly responsive
- Ability to travel up to 30%