Product Manager, Instrumentation
Location: Pleasanton, CA
By joining 10x Genomics, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
The Product Manager will be responsible for all aspects of instrument product marketing. This includes assessing and prioritizing customer and market requirements, working closely with development to deliver market-leading products, and managing successful product launches. It also includes assessing third party offerings and creating relevant programs.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Aid in developing detailed instrument product strategy and roadmap to meet company objectives
- Creatively develop and test product concepts and ideas cross-functionally
- Deliver on an ongoing basis instrument product requirements with associated prioritization, metrics, and supporting analysis
- Work very closely with multi-disciplinary teams including R&D, Sales, Applications, Finance and Manufacturing to ensure successful implementation of product requirements
- Plan and lead successful product launches
- Perform competitive and market analysis
- Train field teams and support selling activities, including development of sales tools and collateral
Required Skills and Background
- Track record of success defining and launching excellent products
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in life science company or related field, prefer experience in product management/marketing positions.
- Degree in molecular biology, computational biology, computer science, engineering or associated scientific field required.
- Experience across instrument, software, and consumable life science products with associated technical depth strongly preferred
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority, and to work effectively with customers, development, and field teams
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Must be an intelligent individual with an excellent work ethic, exceptional judgment, and unquestionable integrity
- Hands on, high energy, and highly responsive
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Desired Skills and Background
- Ph.D., MBA or other advanced degree desirable, but not required