Product Manager/Senior Product Manager – Instruments
Location: Pleasanton, CA
The Product Manager/Senior Product Manager will be responsible for all aspects of instrument product marketing. This includes assessing and prioritizing customer and market requirements, working closely with development to deliver market-leading products, and managing successful product launches. It also includes assessing third party offerings and creating relevant programs.
• Aid in developing detailed instrument product strategy and roadmap to meet company objectives
• Creatively develop and test product concepts and ideas cross-functionally
• Deliver on an ongoing basis instrument product requirements with associated prioritization, metrics, and supporting analysis
• Work very closely with multi-disciplinary teams including R&D, Sales, Applications, Finance and Manufacturing to ensure successful implementation of product requirements
• Plan and lead successful product launches
• Perform competitive and market analysis
• Train field teams and support selling activities, including development of sales tools and collateral
• Track record of success defining and launching excellent products
• 3-6 years of relevant work experience in life science company or related field, prefer experience in product management/marketing positions.
• Degree in molecular biology, computational biology, computer science, engineering or associated scientific field required. Ph.D., MBA or other advanced degree desirable, but not required.
• Experience across instrument, software, and consumable life science products with associated technical depth strongly preferred
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority, and to work effectively with customers, development, and field teams
• Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
• Must be an intelligent individual with an excellent work ethic, exceptional judgment, and unquestionable integrity
• Hands on, high energy, and highly responsive
• Ability to travel up to 30%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.