Product Manager – Single Cell Software
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Product Manager - Single Cell Software
As a Product Manager for software within the Single Cell Products portfolio, you will be responsible for numerous aspects of the software products life cycle including market assessment and defining new product requirements, development core team representation, launch activities, and supporting customers and sales. A strong understanding of the NGS application spectrum with emphasis on single-cell RNA-sequencing and other single cell genomics analysis methods is critical. You will work with and lead activities across a broad spectrum of the 10X Genomics organization including the Marketing and Sales organization, as well as R&D, Customer Support, Finance and Manufacturing.
- Product management responsibilities for the development and launch of new software products for the single cell product families
- Provide guidance on applications of and analysis methodologies for single cell genomics
- Keeping a close pulse on the market and competition. Work closely with the sales and field organization to evaluate and refine competitive messaging, tools, strategies and tactics
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop and implement positioning and messaging for marketing collateral
- Assist in developing and maintaining financial, unit forecasting, and pricing models
- Establishing and maintaining successful relationships with key customers and partners to ensure successful adoption of products and collection of customer requirements
Required Skills and Background
- Ph.D. or minimum of 6-10 years of experience in a similar position including general experience in life sciences, genomics, pharmaceutical or healthcare industries. Experience managing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) software or analysis products is highly desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Biological Sciences, Genetics, Genomics or related field; MBA desirable but not required
- Independent and strategically minded
- Ability to influence across the organization at all levels
- Strong technical knowledge of computational biology, bioinformatics, genomics, NGS, library preparation, data analysis and interpretation
- Strong business skills including the ability to identify new, sustainable sources of revenue and synthesize a decisive path forward based on all available information
- Demonstrated experience in launching products in the life sciences field is highly desired
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Must have customer-facing experience
- Experience defining product requirements and working with R&D to ensure development of products based on customer and business requirements
- Experience working in cross-functional teams comprising various internal organizations
- Must have experience creating financial models and setting pricing policies to achieve market share objectives
- Willing to travel up to 25%
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.