Location: Pleasanton HQ
Changing the definition of sequencing isn’t just our tagline – it’s a commitment to game-changing advances in the field of genomics. Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Production Associate 1
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its consumable manufacturing team. This individual will be responsible for production consumable products associated with Next Generation Sequencing chemistries. This role requires excellent laboratory skills in performing production operations consistently.
The ideal candidate will have an education background in one or more of the following disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent. Experience in production and QC of similar products in a manufacturing environment a plus.
This is an entry to junior level position in 10x reagent manufacturing team. Individuals applying to this position should understand basic lab techniques. This individual must be a self-starter, quick learner and detail oriented, work well in a team atmosphere, have good communication skills, ability to adapt and thrive in working at a fast-paced environment.
- Execute production operations according to defined procedures and ensure the integrity and quality of products under ISO requirement
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on novel assembly procedures and custom tooling or test methods
- Follow procedures and assemble in-process parts into final configurations
- Operate robotic system and complex manufacturing equipment for process processes under supervision
- Operate and maintain laboratory to clean room standards required in the production of Life Science products
- Process work orders accurately using an ERP system in a timely manner
- Maintenance of production batch records and good documentation under ISO requirement
- Accurate tracking of production data, test data and inventory
- Disposition material based on QC and production data
Required Skills and Background
- S. in one of the following disciplines –Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Microfluidics or equivalent
- 1 – 5 years of relevant laboratory experience (Life Science preferred but not required)
- Basic understanding of DNA sequencing, PCR or other nucleic acid based technologies and relevant experience a plus
- Experience with fabrication of microfluidic devices
- Experience working with PDMS, SU8 or similar materials
- Experience with spin coating is strong desired
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load to meet strict deadlines under supervision
- Good documentation skills and ability to write procedures and reports
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization and taking products and processes to the next level
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in optical imaging, microscopy, and metrology measurements
- Relevant experience in manufacturing or QC of Life Science products preferred
- Relevant experience in a production environment working with standard production control tools – ERP, LIMS, inventory control, work orders a plus
- Experience with common lab equipment such as pipettes, nanodrop, centrifuges, thermocyclers, microscopes, etc. a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.