10X Genomics is a California company developing new technologies for breakthrough next generation sequencing applications. The core technology combines advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology.
10X is looking for an outstanding individual to lead the production start-up and hiring of a Singapore production team to support reagent consumable manufacturing. The ideal candidate will have a strong operational and production background in the life science, pharmaceutical, or semi-conductor industries. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of surface treatments, bonding techniques, and assembling injection molded devices and machined components. In this role, the Production Manager will be responsible for the setup and operation of assembly line and testing of microfluidic consumables; analyze and develop capacity expansion plan; oversee the receiving end of new product introduction and daily production schedules. The role encourages early engagement with cross functional teams to influence optimal production processes. This is a full-time role in Singapore and the individual will be reporting to the Singapore Director of Manufacturing.
A strong leader with technical and business operations expertise is a must for this role.
- Staff, develop and lead a team to plan and execute production output for manufacturing processes, delivered in accordance with agreed timelines and applicable regulations/standards
- Take responsibility for the project management, including coordination with other teams in manufacturing operations & new product development transfer activities
- Active hands-on for production activities during initial setup; leading by example, setting required high standards and best practices
- Support development of new products and technology transfer
- Be the domain expert in manufacturing operations processes: Manufacturing management and control, ERP/MRP, and inventory control
- Participate in continuous process improvements & efficiencies for manufacturing
- Prepare and implement department SOPs and ensure that current procedures are kept up-to-date
- Ensure production records are accurately maintained in accordance with the quality system
- Provide regular KPI reports/presentations to the leadership team
- Demonstrate excellent team management/building skills
Desired Skills and Background
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Life Science, Chemistry or Engineering
- 7+ years of relevant industrial (Life Science or semiconductor preferred) experience, demonstrating capability in all aspects of the job requirements
- Previous experience of ISO certification and/or audits
- Previous experience of production planning, resource planning
- Strong teamwork, leadership, organization and communication skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in setting up and implementing an ERP system
- Certification in project management (PMP), production and inventory management (APICS), or Lean Six Sigma a plus