Location: Pleasanton, CA
Changing the definition of sequencing isn’t just our tagline – it’s a commitment to game-changing advances in the field of genomics. Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its consumable manufacturing team. In this role, the individual will be responsible for 10x consumables assemblies into final kit configurations. This individual will also work with the manufacturing engineering team on the maintenance and simple troubleshooting of some of the manufacturing equipment. This position may require extended periods of sitting or standing and extensive work using laboratory and packaging equipment.
This will be a non-exempt position in 10x reagent manufacturing team. Individuals applying to this position should have a basic understanding of industry manufacturing workflow. This individual must be a self-starter, quick learner and detail oriented, work well in a team atmosphere, have good communication skills, ability to adapt and thrive in working at a fast-paced environment.
- Execute production operations according to defined procedures and ensure the integrity and quality of our products
- Ability to operate and maintain laboratory to clean room standards required in the production of Life Science products
- Maintenance of production batch records and good documentation skills required
- Assemble chips into final packaging format using semi-automated equipment
- Package 10x consumables into finished goods both manually and using semi-automated packaging equipment
- Ability to set up and operate scientific and packaging equipment
- Perform preventive maintenance on some lab equipment
- Provide feedback to improve process quality and efficiency
Required Skills and Background
- High school education / Associate Degree or above
- Strong team player and detail oriented
- Good communication skills
- Ability to read and understand SOPs and equipment user manual
- Ability to enter data into electronic tracking systems like Excel or Hippo
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work load to meet strict deadlines under supervision
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization and taking products and processes to the next level
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in automation and packaging of Life Science products, Food Packaging products or related field preferred
- Relevant experience in a production environment working with standard production control tools – ERP, LIMS, inventory control, work orders a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.