Project Manager – Marketing
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
The Marketing Project Manager is the hub of the Marcom department’s planning and execution activities. You own the operational side of the department to ensure smooth and efficient processes are in place. You will also manage the execution of Regional requests from start to finish as well as other Marcom projects as assigned by the department head.
You have an eye for detail, are passionate about establishing processes and maximizing efficiency and always strive to take the initiative to stay one step ahead. You are a clear communicator, enjoy building relationships and value teamwork.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take ownership of internal marcom processes documentation and improvements
- Develop project management plans for campaign and initiative projects. Identify requirements and dependencies, and develop schedules to meet project timelines.
- Work closely with Marketing Program Managers to manage the execution of customer-facing marcom projects working with internal teams and outside vendors
- Monitor day-to-day activities of client projects and ensure work is progressing as planned
- Coordinate with project stakeholders in order to ensure planning and collaboration across the entire project lifecycle
- Consistently manage expectations on realistic timelines for delivery based on overall resources available
- Review department projects for completeness at submission and before design handoff
- Regularly assess and report on incoming and outgoing project management
- Facilitate team meetings and activities, facilitate vendor selection process, day-to-day vendor management, reporting etc.
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals
- Proactively identifies project risks and needed mitigation
- Use department project management system Workfront to manage, track and report on department resources
- Help manage digital asset management system including file tagging and uploading and maintenance
- Assist with quality reviews including proofing
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field required.
- 10 years experience in marketing-related team developing programs or materials
- 5+ years of project management experience within a corporate marketing department, creative studio or agency
- Knowledge of project management processes, workflow and terminology
- Proven ability to drive projects at all levels in the company – on time, on scope, on budget.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, be resourceful in a fast-paced environment, working under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and take collaborative approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate to find common ground and compromise solutions
- Experience managing external agencies and suppliers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Google suite and project management system
- Experience with digital asset management systems. Experience storing and tracking assets
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of the digital and offset printing process