Location: Pleasanton Headquarters
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join its Quality Control team. This person will be responsible for the qualification of consumable products associated with Next Generation Sequencing chemistries. As well as ensuring a reliable supply of quality consumables, this person will be a key contributor to the development of manufacturing infrastructure required to support a commercial product in the life science field.
The ideal candidate will have an education background in one or more of the following disciplines: biological engineering, molecular biology, analytical chemistry and/or chemical engineering.
The candidate should have at least 7 years of relevant experience in the production and QC of life science products.
- Execute quality control operations according to defined procedures to ensure the integrity and quality of raw material, intermediate, and finished good parts.
- Accurately test consumables (reagents and non-reagents) and instrumentation according to defined SOPs.
- Maintenance of quality control batch records and good documentation under ISO requirement
- Initiate Non-Conformance Material or Deviation report and follow up on progress and action items
- Accurate tracking of QC test data, calibration records, and inventory.
- Complete QC testing in a timely manner and disposition material based on QC data to the acceptance criteria.
- Maintain laboratory to clean room standards required in the production of Life Science products.
- Troubleshoot unexpected complex equipment/QC method issues with minimal to no supervision.
- Effectively identify and communicate any complications that arise from QC testing. Ability to work with engineers/scientists to establish and maintain a solution.
- Hands-on experience in performing standard molecular biology techniques such as pipetting, microscopy, PCR/qPCR/ddPCR, DNA quantitation, SDS-PAGE and gel electrophoresis. Experience in library preparation and DNA sequencing will get our attention.
- Maintain accurate and consistent laboratory skills, despite performing repetitive tasks, to ensure valid experimental results.
- Assist in the development of processes and products. This includes performing product and process optimization, guard band studies, stability studies, gauge R&R.
- Participate in customer complaint investigations.
- Ability to optimize and troubleshoot QC assays.
Desired Skills and Background
- B.S. in one of the following disciplines: Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- 7+ years relevant laboratory experience in manufacturing and QC testing of life science products, such a DNA sequencing, PCR or other nucleic acid based technologies.
- Experience in manufacturing or QC environment working with ERP systems, BOM and routing set up, and inventory control is highly desired
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Detail oriented, quality focused and self-motivated.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work load to meet strict deadlines in an evolving environment. Is cool under the pressure and enjoys a challenge.
- Flexibility of work schedule to meet the needs of manufacturing.
- Strong critical and logical thinking with ability to analyze problems.
- Experience with Excel and JMP (or other statistical software).
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma tools and methods – green/black belt certification a plus
- Basic understanding of computational biology, statistics, next generation DNA sequencing, and coding languages (e.g. python, java, etc.) is a plus.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization and taking products and processes to the next level
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.