Quality Engineer Statistician
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Quality Engineer Statistician
10x is seeking a dynamic Quality Engineer Statistician, who will be responsible for maintaining the function and administrating changes to the Quality, SPC and 10x’s quality systems. The Quality Engineer is responsible for implementing and administering a statistical process control applications program. The scope of the program is to apply SPC software from incoming materials through all steps in production to final product and includes all measurements.
- Work closely with technical staff and/or outside resources to determine technical solutions and/or applications to meet the identified requirements.
- Establish processes to capture and analyze process and QC data.
- Conduct SPC, ANOVA and other statistical analysis to measure response profiles, correlation studies, process capabilities, and identify sources of variability.
- Work closely with users to develop the process control charts and evaluate the maturity of the charts and drive towards higher maturity level on a periodical basis.
- Educate users of the software tools. Conduct training for SPC/DOE, SQM and JMP system modules.
- Maintain and updates documents related to SPC tools.
- Managing some of the QA processes such as RMA, NCR and CAPA.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, biomedical engineering or physics.
- Strong data mining, SPC and statistical analysis skills required.
- 3+ years of experience in process engineering and/or manufacturing products
Desired Skills and Background
- Working experience in defining and managing the processes that are compliant with a company’s Quality Manual.
- Knowledge of various technical disciplines and ability to segment and perform correlation studies, root cause analysis, and corrective actions.
- Strong communication skills and productive discussion facilitation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.