R&D Lab Operations Manager
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
R&D Lab Operations Manager
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and results-oriented individual to join our 10x team as Research and Development (R&D) Lab Operations Manager. The ideal candidate will have very strong organizational and communication skills and experience in lab operations. This person will work closely with technical project leads, individual researchers, management, and facilities personnel to identify and resolve needs and to keep things running smoothly in 10x R&D for new product development. The successful lab operations manager will be a good listener in getting input, decisive in balancing conflicting needs, organized in running change projects, quick in implementing changes, and persistent in maintaining daily operations. Some hands-on work may be required for equipment set-up and other special cases.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, action-driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization, and provide immediate contribution.
- Develop and manage evolving lab space allocations and expansions
- Coordinate the purchase and use of shared lab equipment and storage
- Set and enforce lab operational policies and procedures
- Oversee contract services who supply stocked consumables
- Coordinate with R&D scientists and Purchasing on internal and external ordering
- Collaborate with Facilities group and with Environmental, Safety, and Health
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in biology, chemistry, or a related field
- Five or more years of experience in lab management
- Three or more years of hands-on lab experience in biology or chemistry
- Solid understanding of analytical lab equipment
- Strong communication skills: speaking, writing, listening, and interacting
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills for materials, tasks, and time
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience with cell biology or microbiology lab operations
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.