Regional Tradeshow & Events Manager, Americas
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is a privately-held Bay Area company developing new technologies for breakthrough genomics applications. The core technologies combine advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology. Our aim is to help scientists advance their research and ask questions they didn’t know they could ask.
As the Regional Tradeshow & Events Manager for the Americas (AMR) region, this position will report to the Director of AMR Regional Marketing. This position will be primarily responsible for the planning, management and execution of 10x Genomics’ internal and external events in the Americas region. The regional event portfolio includes but not limited to national/regional tradeshows, conferences, partner events, user group meetings, seminar series, distributor meetings, and regional sales and marketing internal meetings. This position is also responsible for setting strategic communication direction as well as ensuring effective evaluation of results.
The Regional Tradeshow & Events Manager must be a motivated self-starter who can effectively deal with ambiguity, easily adapt to change, and maintain calm under pressure. Experience in the life sciences and familiarity with the communication needs/preferences of scientists and researchers is highly desirable. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented with excellent project management, negotiating, and execution skills.
- Collaborate with Americas Regional Marketing Managers, Global Tradeshow & Events and Sales Leadership to develop an event strategy that is aligned with overall regional sales and marketing strategy to meet annual business objectives.
- Plan and manage the venue selection process, contract reviews, site inspections, transportation, food and beverage, accommodations, and budget reconciliation
- Develop and coordinate the production of event materials including booth graphics and physical assets, agendas, badges, signage, and presentation templates in collaboration with brand/marketing communications team and/or agency partners
- Manage promotional and booth inventory for Americas region
- Partner with AMR Regional Marketers to create communication messages to promote events externally and manage the distribution of communications with the digital marketing and social media team.
- Manage internal AMR commercial team events logistics and internal communications for those regional events
- Track event registrations, attendance and management of event spend
- Communicate regulatory with internal stakeholders on event objectives, agenda and event status from pre-event through program execution and measurement
- Evaluate event impact by reporting on event metrics and ROI, as well as providing recommendations for improvement of event planning and processes
- Builds strong relationships inside and outside of the organization
- Adhere to 10x Genomics standards of business conduct
- Maintain confidentiality of client and business data at all times
- 8 - 12 years of experience in association, exhibit, meetings and/or events management in the life sciences or B2B industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g. marketing communications, marketing, public relations)
- Persuasive communications skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills, including experience using project management software (e.g. WorkFront, Asana, Microsoft Project, etc.)
- Strong computer skills - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects across multiple stakeholders.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Available for evening and weekend work during events
- Diplomatic and service-oriented
- Ability to regularly move objects weighing up to 30 lbs.
- Requires up to 40% travel, including weekends