Research Associate – Molecular Biology
Location: Pleasanton, CA
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10x molecular biology team. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the development of our product portfolio by conducting proof of principle, feasibility, verification and validation experiments using new molecular biology, chemistry and microfluidics approaches.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, and have the prior work experience needed to quickly learn our protocols.
- Assist in design, implementation and verification of molecular biology assays that enable novel applications on the 10x technology platform.
- Productive execution of well thought out experiments, accurate recording of results along with in-depth analysis and reporting of these results.
- Develop a deep understanding of the interplay between biochemistry and biology for assay optimization.
- Assist and contribute molecular biology expertise to cross-disciplinary product development teams.
Required Skills and Background
- B.S. in biology, biochemistry, or a similar field
- Work efficiently with a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Experience in a wide-variety of molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis and manipulation including DNA and RNA purification, amplification, qPCR, ddPCR
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, which requires flexibility and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods.
Desired Skills and Background
- Experienced with NGS library preparation and troubleshooting highly desired
- Demonstrated work with handling of a wide range of tissue types and cell lines
- Demonstrated work with handling of genomic DNA