Research Associate-Process Development(Temp)
Location: Pleasanton CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Research Associate - Process Development
10x is seeking an outstanding Research Associate to join work on the rapid prototyping and testing of critical 10x reagents. This individual will be involved in developing and validating consumables for the rapid expansion of 10x product lines. This role requires excellent laboratory skills and attention to detail with demonstrated success in executing operations consistently.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Ability to correctly execute assembly and test procedures and ensure the integrity and quality of the product.
- Ability to quickly come up to speed on novel assembly procedures and custom tooling or test methods.
- Ability to operate and maintain laboratory to clean room standards required in the production of Life Science products
- Good documentation skills required
- Accurate tracking of material, test data and product.
- Support Product/Process Development team and assist in the development and optimization of new/existing products
Required Skills and Background
- S./M.S. in one of the following disciplines –Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Microfluidics or equivalent
- 0 – 5 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Good documentation skills and ability to write procedures and reports
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization and taking products and processes to the next level
- Ability to prioritize and multi task
Desired Skills and Background
- Relevant experience in manufacturing or QC of Life Science products preferred
- Experience in microscopy is a plus
- Basic understanding of DNA sequencing, PCR or other nucleic acid based technologies and relevant experience a plus
- Relevant experience in a production environment working with standard production control tools is s a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.