Research Associate – Product Integration (Temp)
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an outstanding Research Associate to join the Product Integration group at 10x Genomics. This is a unique multi-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Computational Biology, Microfluidics, and Support. You will play an important role in developing new 10x products by identifying clever solutions to troubleshoot and streamline 10x product workflows. The candidate should have experience working independently in a chemistry, biochemistry, or molecular biology laboratory. In addition, the candidate should be a team player with exceptional attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to critically analyze data and clearly communicate results to the team. They must bring strong initiative and sense of purpose to our fast-paced product development efforts.
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams at all stages of product development.
- Developing a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, molecular biology, and microfluidics to identify the root cause of product deviations, troubleshoot them, and identify solutions.
- Planning and execution of experiments, accurate recording of details, in-depth data analysis, and clear communication of these results through documentation and presentations.
- Preparing scientific papers and presentations and assisting in the preparation of product protocols.
Required Skills and Background
- BS/MS in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, or a related field.
- 2+ years relevant laboratory experience in life science applications, such a next-generation sequencing library preparation, mammalian cell culture, flow cytometry, microscopy, PCR, or other nucleic acid-based technologies.
- Experience developing and running molecular biology assays.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex data sets and communicate results in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Desired Skills and Background
- Proven research outcomes such as publication in a peer-reviewed journal, patent, presentation in a public forum, or thesis.
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing molecular biology assays.
- Knowledge of NGS and related applications (e.g., RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, etc.)
- Experience working with microfluidic devices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.