Research Associate – Protein Engineering
Location: Pleasanton, California
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries described in over 900 peer-reviewed publications across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. The innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
About the role:
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic Research Associate to join the Protein Engineering Group. The candidate will be expected to work on a variety of protein engineering projects to optimize and generate differentiated enzymatic leads.
What you will be doing:
• Participate in protein engineering efforts to optimize various enzymes used in 10x Genomics products.
• Protein expression of various enzymes, preferably nucleic acid modifying enzymes.
• Protein purification utilizing variety of methods (affinity, ion-exchange, hydrophobic, size-exclusion chromatography)
• Perform complex experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
To be successful, you will need:
• BS degree with 2-5 years of industry experience. The degree should be in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular and Cell Biology, Structural biology, or similar field
• Experience and knowledge in molecular biology, protein expression, purification, and characterization
• Experience in generation and characterization of protein variants
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Experience with nucleic acid modifying enzymes a plus
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.