Research Associate / Senior Research Associate – Molecular Biology
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Research Associate/Senior Research Associate - Molecular Biology
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join the Molecular Biology team as a Research Associate/Senior Research Associate. The ideal candidate will have experience in both in immunology and in the development of novel molecular biology protocols for solving complex biological problems. He/she will work closely with scientists in the assay development team to evaluate and optimize new methods for library generation with application to immunology. The ideal candidate will have an educational background in one or more of the following disciplines: molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or similar. The candidate should have at least 4 years of relevant research experience in an academic or industrial setting.
- Assist in the development and optimization of library preparation workflows for single cell genomic assays
- Perform experiments and analyze data
- Write protocols and procedures, and maintain accurate records
- Communicate results clearly and contribute data for making critical design decisions
Required Skills and Background
- BS/MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology, or a similar field
- 4+ years of hands-on molecular biology experience in an academic or industrial setting
- Proficiency in standard molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid extraction, PCR, DNA sequencing, or similar
- Experience with next generation sequencing library preparation workflows
- Experience with cell culture and cell staining
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong record keeping skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, which requires flexibility and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods
Desired Skills and Background
- Single-cell genomics and immune repertoire profiling
- Developing high-throughput assays based on next generation sequencing
- Computational analysis of next-generation sequencing data
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.