Sales Effectiveness Manager
Sales Effectiveness Manager
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
The Sales Effectiveness Manager will partner with the Commercial Organization to drive and measure sales force performance. He/she will have a primary focus on analytics, reporting, and salesforce.com administration. Additionally, the Sales Effectiveness Manager will contribute to cross-functional initiatives including sales force structure, sizing, deployment, training and business planning.
The Sales Effectiveness Manager role supports initiatives with primary focus on global sales teams by utilizing analytical and operational expertise to 1) Increase understanding of drivers that influence sales performance 2) execute incentive compensation plans that align sales force behavior with business objectives 3) develop analytics and reporting to best track sales. The Sales Effectiveness Manager has a broad understanding of data and is adept at identifying source information that answers business questions effectively. They collaborate closely with other cross-functional colleagues to meet the desired business objectives and ensure accurate and timely implementation of Sales deliverables.
- Content curation of our customer database to enable highly targeted, efficient commercial activities
- Creation of reports and dashboards to allow visibility into the effectiveness of sales and marketing programs for front lines sales reps, as well as managers and company leaders
- Perform analysis to identify opportunities for improvement or answer key questions as they arise
- Work with sales and marketing to simplify, streamline, eliminate and/or automate manual or inefficient processes
- Develop new processes, as needed, to allow for new sales and marketing activities
- Ongoing support of key commercial activities including: rep training programs, oversight of territory coverage; sales commission programs; sales forecasting, and program initiatives
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s a plus
- 5+ years working in relevant commercial job functions. g. sales, business, marketing operations, strategic planning, management consulting
- A track record of leading challenging analytic and problem-solving projects to drive measurable business value
- Strong organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including communication, collaboration and negotiation capabilities
- Effective presentation and communication skills with industry professionals, scientists, peers, and senior management
- Self-starter with ability to take leadership in an unstructured environment
- Willingness to develop creative solutions to overcome challenges
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams with and without formal authority
- Excellent Excel modeling skills are essential
- Knowledge of Tableau, Salesforce and other data analytics, marketing or sales software systems a plus