Science & Technology Advisor, North Central
Location: Remote, Chicago
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Science & Technology Advisor (STA) - North Central Region
The Science & Technology Advisor (STA) is primarily responsible for accelerating the sales process and maximizing revenue for every sales opportunity in their territory. They will conduct sales and related sales support activities for all products and applications within the 10x Genomics portfolio. The STA is a highly technical position and requires in depth knowledge of all products and applications within the 10x Genomics portfolio. The STA expected to be a field technical expert. They will sell products to specified academic, government, private, and/or industrial accounts in an assigned territory: Incumbent will work from a remote location but must be located within the territory with a strong preference for ready access to a major airport.
- Partner closely with Sales Executives to generate, qualify, and close sales opportunities
- Work with product management/R&D/applications/marketing and field sales to develop and disseminate content, strategy, collaborations, and go-to market activities
- Maintain appropriate records and provides relevant information to help forecast business as needed
- Gather, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback both to field sales as well as internal product management colleagues
- Provide weekly, monthly, and/or ad hoc business/activity reports as required
- Coordinate and/or conducts both technical and promotional seminars, trade shows, vendor shows, and related activities as deemed necessary
- Achieve assigned territory sales goals by calling on existing and potential new customers via field visits, email, telephone, video conference, etc
- Work closely with sales executive counterparts to develop specific account growth, penetration, and support activities
- Provide mentorship, training, and education to colleagues and/or customers as applicable
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills including small and large group presentations
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience with NGS, immunology, cell biology, and molecular biology via prior work experience and education
- Ability to effectively network in and outside of the company
- Ability to walk and or stand up to 8 hours a day, and travel to meet with customers
- Organized, detail oriented and results driven
- Proficient in using MS Office Suite (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Frequent travel, based on the needs for this particular role and customer base in this territory
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle, car insurance, and acceptable driving record
- PhD in a relevant field of study
- Track record of success selling and negotiating
- 5+ years commercial experience (Sales, Marketing, Support) in life science research industry serving academic, industrial, hospital, government, biotech and/or biopharmaceutical accounts
- Deep and broad NGS experience
- Single cell genomics experience
- Multi-lingual skills desired
- Experience using a CRM system (e.g. SFDC)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.