Scientist 1/Scientist 2 – Product Integration
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist to join the Product Integration (PI) team at 10x Genomics. This is a multi-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Assay Development, Molecular Biology, Computational Biology, Support, Microfluidics, and Chemistry. You will play an important role in expanding the 10x product portfolio by performing product research and development, identifying and managing risks, troubleshooting and optimizing 10x product workflows.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record in the development of novel molecular biology protocols for solving complex biological problems. This person should have a broad understanding of next generation sequencing, its applications, and a love for building great products. As scientists in PI, we are driven to turn product concepts into the tools that accelerate our understanding of biology.
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams at all stages of product development
- Developing a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, molecular biology, and microfluidics to identify the root cause of product deviations, troubleshoot them, and identify robust solutions
- Planning and execution of experiments, in-depth analysis, reporting of these results through documentation and presentations
- Contribute molecular biology/genomics expertise and leadership to cross-disciplinary product development teams to ensure project milestones and product performance
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, genomics, or similar field with a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience
- Experience with molecular biology assays/protocols utilizing next-generation sequencing as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, published patents or launched products
- Proven ability to troubleshoot failures through experimental design and execution
- Strong organizational skills to manage multidisciplinary projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure and adapt to changes (e.g., priorities and timelines)
- Desire to build game-changing technologies and impact the world of life science research
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in single-cell genomics, functional genomics or immunology
- Laboratory automation experience a plus
- Familiarity with quality management and formal product testing (e.g., verification and validation) highly desired
- Experience with statistical design, modeling and use of design of experiment (DOE) approaches
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.