Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist to join our 10x Genomics team to work on next-generation product development.
This is a unique cross-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including; Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Microfluidics, Computational Biology and Consumable Process Development, to develop and integrate reagents with microfluidic devices for the rapid expansion of 10x product lines. The ideal candidate will have a broad working knowledge of chemistry, biochemistry and molecular biology and the capability of applying this know-how creatively/independently within a fast-paced work environment. Individuals applying for this position must be highly motivated self-starters, action driven, collaborative, have exceptional attention to detail, be flexible in shifting focus between a variety of projects as required, communicate effectively, and provide immediate contribution.
- Productive execution of well thought out experiments, accurate recording of results along with in-depth analysis and reporting of these results
- Design and implementation of robust chemistries which enable novel biochemical reactions in a microfluidic environment
- Develop a deep understanding of the interplay between chemistry, biology and microfluidics for root cause analysis and process optimization
- Establish analytical assays for product and component characterization
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to translate novel technological advances from R&D to elegant and robust commercial product lines
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or bioengineering.
- 3+ years relevant experience developing successful products in life science applications, such a DNA sequencing, PCR or other nucleic acid based technologies
- Proven ability to integrate a broad range of scientific and engineering disciplines
- Methods development capability for a broad range of standard techniques as well as ability to develop novel methods based on the requirements of the product
- Experienced in the analysis and interpretation of complex data sets
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience with droplet microfluidics including: microparticle synthesis, biomolecule encapsulation dynamics, and droplet unit operations.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement complex multi-step assay schemes.
- Experience with microscopy, quantitative fluorescence imaging and high-speed imaging.
- Knowledge in programming (Python, R, Excel macros etc.)
- Understanding and experience with next-generation sequencing workflows and data analysis
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.