Scientist – Cell Biology/ Flow Cytometry
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Scientist I – Cell Biology (Flow Cytometry)
We are seeking an exceptional Scientist to join our sample preparation team. This is a unique cross-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of R&D groups internally and externally. In addition, this person will assist in developing new protocols and optimizing new methods for sample preparation using flow cytometry.
The ideal candidate will have an education background in one or more of the following disciplines; Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Immunology, or similar. The candidate should have at least a Master of Science degree with minimum of years of relevant research experience or hold a PhD.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Develop and execute preparative and analytical flow cytometry workflows for cultured and primary cells
- Develop new protocols for sample preparation using primary cells
- Contribute cell biology expertise to cross-disciplinary product development teams
- Work closely with computational biologists to interpret data generated by novel and optimized assay schemes
Required Skills and Background:
- MS or PhD in Cell Biology, Cancer Biology, Immunology, Stem Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering, or similar
- Expert in multi-color flow cytometry (>8 colors)
- 6+ years of hands-on cell biology experience (including graduate research)
- Expert in handling / isolating primary cells
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong recordkeeping skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, which requires flexibility and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods.
- Senior Research Associates will also be considered for applicants with similar skills, but less experienced
Desired Skills and Background:
- Immunology / Hematology knowledge
- Experience working with rare cell populations
- Experience with tissue dissociation
- Proficiency in standard molecular biology techniques such as nucleic acid extraction, PCR, DNA sequencing, or similar.
- NGS library preparation and/or NGS data analysis
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.