Scientist – Cell Biology/Molecular Pathology
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Scientist - Cell Biology/Molecular Pathology
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding scientist to drive development of new biological sample preparation and analysis methods. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing advanced methods or systems for analysis of tissue samples. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology, software, applications, chemistry, microfluidics and engineering.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- As a strong technical contributor, you will drive projects for preparation and characterization of high-quality unfixed tissue sections and high quality single cell suspensions
- You will develop quantitative assays including multicolor in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence and other molecular assays – single and multiplex. You will bring up these assays from scratch including provision of critical equipment.
- You do not need significant next generation sequencing (NGS) experience, but you are responsible for quickly learning and mastering our NGS product workflows, and becoming conversant in NGS data analysis
- You will work on cross-disciplinary teams – You will collaborate in building innovative genomics products, which includes including development, validation, and troubleshooting
- You will plan and perform systematic protocol optimization by modeling, identification of critical steps and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- You will follow good laboratory practices, including maintenance of accurate laboratory notebooks
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology or a similar field plus minimum >3 years postdoctoral or industry experience
- Proven ability to develop advanced methods or systems for cell or tissue analysis, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications or published patents
- High proficiency or mastery in tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry and microscopy is a firm requirement
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in high-content screening, single-cell genomics, functional genomics or immunology a significant plus
- Experience working will primary cells or tissue dissociation a plus
- Experience in analysis of next generation sequencing data a significant plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.