Scientist – Product Integration
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Scientist – Product Integration
We are seeking a highly motivated individual with a strong work ethic to join our Product Integration team. The candidate will help drive the expansion of the 10x product portfolio using novel approaches in molecular biology, chemistry, optics and microfluidics. You will play an important role in investigating and resolving system-level platform issues and leading product verification and validation activities. Through analysis, interpretation and communication of data you will facilitate the project team in making critical decisions.
Individuals applying for this position must have an exceptional attention to detail, thrive in a fast-paced environment and communicate effectively. They must be able to work both independently and as a part of a multi-disciplinary team, and be willing to shift focus between a variety of projects.
- Through an intuitive understanding of the interplay between molecular/cell biology, chemistry and microfluidics, identify the root cause of product deviations and propose solutions.
- Investigate the robustness and reliability of 10x workflows and continually improve.
- Planning and execution of experiments, accurate recording of details, and in-depth analysis and reporting of these results through documentation and presentations.
- Formulation and execution of component and systems-level verification and validation activities.
- Create scientific and marketing materials such as demonstrated datasets, protocols, and technical notes.
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, engineering or related field with 1-2 year of relevant experience.
- MS in molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, engineering or related field with 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- A deep understanding of basic molecular/cellular biology techniques (e.g., PCR, qPCR, cell culture) and data analysis.
- Ability to design meaningful experiments and in-depth analysis of results. Experience using statistical tools, such as JMP, is beneficial.
- Ability to communicate and present results in a concise and clear manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience troubleshooting and optimizing molecular biology assays.
- Participation in product verification and validation testing.
- Experience processing complex samples (primary tissue, fresh/cryopreserved, etc.).
- Proficiency in tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry and microscopy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.