Scientist/Senior Scientist Immunologist
Location: Pleasanton, CA
By joining 10x Genomics, you can become an integral part of helping enable our customers expand the ways they explore, discover, process and innovate in the field of genomics.
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding individual to join the Applications Development group as a Immunologist. We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping 10x revolutionize the study of the adaptive immune system. The applications team interfaces with a variety of external scientists to demonstrate the value of all 10x products. In this role, you must be able to learn quickly, creatively solve problems, thrive in a fast pace environment, excel at managing multiple priorities and communicate effectively. The ideal candidate will have a PhD in immunology or computational biology.
- Design experiments to validate, explore and expand the immunology products we offer. The ideal candidate will need to communicate with both wet and dry lab scientists.
- Guide development of analysis and visualization tools.
- Work with external scientists in a collaborative fashion using 10x products to develop new immunology applications.
- Present results at conferences and meetings.
- Produce white papers, application notes and other marketing materials highlighting immunology applications.
Individuals applying must have a wide interest in biology. Research experience in an academic or industrial setting is preferred.
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in immunology, computational biology or equivalent work experience
- In-depth knowledge of immunology, particularly in the area of immune repertoire profiling
- Experimental experience with handling primary cells such as lymphocytes, tumor cells and infectious pathogens and/or experience in computational immunology
- Hands-on experience using tools to analyze NGS data, in particular to discover new types of immune cells or profile them in development.
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: Immuno-oncology, autoimmune disorders, or studying infectious disease.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Work efficiently with a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated collaborative work
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization revolutionizing what we know about the immune system. You are expected to be flexible and a willing to learn new techniques and methods.
- Familiarity or experience with NGS, either designing and performing wet lab assays or doing computational analysis of NGS data.