Scientist/Senior Scientist – Molecular Biology
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding scientist to drive new assay development efforts in our Molecular Biology department. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of designing or adapting novel molecular biology assays for solving complex biological problems. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in software, computational biology, microfluidics, chemistry, engineering and applications.
- Develop and evaluate novel molecular biology assays for the 10x technology platform, including molecular barcoding, amplification and library preparation strategies
- Plan and perform systematic assay optimization by modeling, identification of limiting steps and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- Provide molecular biology expertise to cross-disciplinary product development teams
- Work closely with software and computational biology to analyze and interpret data generated by novel assays
- Follow good laboratory practices, including maintenance of accurate laboratory notebooks
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry or a similar field, or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 3 years of academic or industry experience
- Experience in a wide-variety of molecular biology methods for nucleic acid analysis and manipulation such as purification, PCR amplification, reverse transcription and cloning
- Experience with single cell assays, such as single cell RNA-seq a significant plus
- Experience with NGS library preparation and troubleshooting a significant plus
- Proven ability to work efficiently with a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent organization and documentation skills
- Ability to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, which requires flexibility and a willingness to learn new techniques and methods.