Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Senior Accountant. The ideal candidate will have a strong background working in private industry in the accounting function dealing with increased levels of operational complexity and transaction volumes.
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, this individual will be an integral member of the accounting team. This individual will be a significant contributor to the accounting close and reporting process, interface with auditors for the annual audit, as well as running large components of the daily accounting function. In addition, this individual will partner with other organization with the company to streamline processes that impact the accounting function.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, able to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization and have the prior work experience to immediately contribute to the accounting close processes as well as invoicing and collections processes.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for major areas of the accounting function:
- Daily processing of customer invoices.
- Credit and collections and respond to customer inquiries or concerns.
- Posting of accounts receivable payments.
- Partner with operations partners to ensure accurate information is entered into the sales order system.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual close process including account reconciliations and account review.
- Assist and interface with external auditors for annual audit.
- Process documentation in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
Desired Skills and Background
- 5+ years of experience working in the general accounting function and performing the monthly close for private and public industry.
- Associate degree or higher is a plus.
- CPA required
- Small to mid-sized company experience.
- Strong knowledge of general accounting with strong attention to detail.
- Sarbanes Oxley & associated controls monitoring and testing.
- Extensive experience working in ERP systems. Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus.
- Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must manage multiple priorities well and handle projects with short deadlines with extreme attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Must be able to take full ownership of assignments and responsibilities.
- Accounting function in life science industry is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.