Senior Corporate Counsel
Location: Pleasanton Headquarters
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Corporate Counsel
- Assist with financial reporting, corporate governance, proxy statement preparation, corporate secretarial and related obligations.
- Assist with corporate development activities, including structuring transactions, conducting comprehensive due diligence reviews, documenting and negotiating transactions, and ensuring seamless integrations.
- Oversee subsidiary maintenance and ensure compliance with corporate law requirements for domestic and foreign subsidiaries
- Support Board of Directors and principal Board committees, including preparation of Board and committee materials and meeting minutes.
- Develop and implement standardized templates and processes for repeatable transactions, that will advance and scale business.
- Provide legal advice on global compensation programs and professionals, including global equity and executive compensation plans, and equity administration matters.
- Work collaboratively and responsively with a broad range of colleagues cross-functionally and internationally, ensuring good relationships between legal, corporate development, finance, human resources and operations to facilitate a coordinated team approach.
- Ability (or at least willingness) to negotiate and draft agreements relating to a wide variety of business transactions including licenses, alliance agreements and intellectual property agreements.
- Pitch-in on whatever legal work needs doing, whenever it needs to be done.
- JD degree or equivalent degree.
- 5 – 10 years of relevant work experience. Ideal candidates will have 8+ years of experience at multiple organizations and at least one previous position at a rapidly scaling employer. Salary and title commensurate with experience.
- Admitted to the bar in which position is located and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law (e.g. have registered in-house status) in the state in which the position is located. Preferred Qualifications
- Experience advising clients in securities law (’33 and ’34 Act) and SEC reporting matters and corporate governance issues, bonus to have experience structuring complex commercial transactions.
- A high-level of intellectual, professional and interpersonal agility and flexibility, combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- As with all legal roles at 10X, we expect successful candidates to pitch in and help on areas they may be less familiar with and for which they may not be directly responsible, allowing them to grow and develop and help their colleagues at the same time.
- The best candidates are geeks who see the same challenges and beauty in negotiating a venue agreement for a company offsite as they see in a complex technology partnership. They have a proven track record of negotiating positive outcomes for clients, working autonomously, and owning their own process and outcomes. Most importantly, they are organized, good with language, and good with people.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.