Senior Director, Global Facilities
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Director, Global Facilities
10x Genomics is seeking a Senior Director of Global Facilities. 10x Genomics is a rapidly growing company in the life sciences, and is looking for the person who will enable our expansion of products, capabilities, personnel and culture, both locally and globally.
The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing the global facilities strategy and overseeing its’ implementation for quality, schedule and costs. Reporting to this person will be the Facilities Department and EH&S functions, as well as associated external partners, program managers, contractors, and vendors.
10x Genomics is currently building out a 150,000 sq ft facility in Pleasanton, CA, and is setting up and expanding multiple sites in various countries around the world. This person will collect requirements going out 5+ years both for functionality and corporate culture. Solutions will be developed and analyzed to meet these requirements. The selected corporate strategy will be implemented to meet the needs of the company.
As well as implementing the corporate facilities’ strategy, this person will also be responsible for other operational functions such as EH&S, waste management, housekeeping, and security.
The idea candidate has demonstrated relevant experience, management capabilities, and education in areas of facilities management, building codes, and EH&S policies. This person has managed the strategic development of global facilities to support 1,000+ employee world class companies.
- Collection of functional and corporate requirements to develop a 5+ year global facilities plan.
- Define and analyze multiple strategies that will meet those requirements, and drive the down selection to the implementation plan.
- Plan and resource the facilities strategy, including selection of PM, architects, contractors, vendors, procurement of buildings, land, and other assets.
- Ensure that programs are running on schedule, at the required quality and budgets.
- Daily facilities programs are being managed to requirements of customer service and quality of work, to ensure the consistent and safe functioning of buildings and associated equipment.
- Ensure that the EH&S functions are being managed to the expected standard.
- High level of communication with staff, senior management and external partners to ensure that all requirements are understood and being met.
- 10+ years of relevant experience developing facilities and infrastructure to support a global staff of 1,000+ employees with a path to a 10,000+ employee company.
- Ability to manage both office space and diverse range of lab and manufacturing space associated with life sciences. These lab spaces include engineering, optics, chemistry, biochemistry (BSL 1 an d 2), manufacturing, warehousing, freezer storage, and shipping/receiving.
- Experience in facilities procurement, lease negotiation, design and permitting, construction management.
- Experience in incorporating branding and culture into facilities design and construction.
- Strong management of vendors and outside partners to meet requirements.
- Degreed education in relevant areas such as architecture design, building construction, and program management. Knowledge of building codes and CAD.
- Strong teamwork with planning, organization and communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.