Senior Engineer – Industrial Automation
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10X Genomics is a Bay Area start-up developing new technologies for breakthrough next generation sequencing applications. The core technology combines advances in chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology.
10X is looking for an outstanding individual to join its consumable and reagents development team. This is a key position for the commercialization of consumable products associated with Next Generation Sequencing chemistries. This person will be responsible for developing and integrating automation solutions into the 10x manufacturing of complex reagents.
Senior Engineer - Industrial Automation
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in industrial automation systems. Knowledge of and hands on experience with robotics, material transfer systems, packaging and assembly systems, and fluid dispensers is required. A strong track record of developing custom hardware and control software for automation of reagent manufacturing and previous experience developing custom automation solutions is highly desired.
- Design and implement industrial automation solutions for robust manufacturing of complex reagents.
- Write software to control robotic systems and industrial PLCs for process control.
- Lead design activities for new automation systems.
- Support existing automation infrastructure with troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Analyze performance data and establish trends, identify errors and make improvements to systems to ensure reliability.
- Provide guidance for expansion of data collection activities to R&D organization.
- Develop calibration and maintenance documentation for automation systems.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial engineering, Robotics or related field, with an emphasis in automation.
- BS with 10+ years of experience, or MS / PhD with 5-7 years of experience.
- Relevant experience developing automation for the manufacture of successful products.
- Previous experience programming PLC’s is required. Experience with Rockwell/Allen Bradley PLC’s and Epson robotics highly desired.
- Prior experience with vision guided robotics is desired.
- Ability to work with manufacturing leads to gather requirements and contract manufactures to develop hardware
- Familiar with material transfer systems, packaging and labeling of reagents, storage and handling of biological reagents.
- Mechanical design experience with Solid Works is required.
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.