Senior Engineer, Process Injection Molding
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x is seeking an outstanding Senior Engineer, Process Injection Molding, who will be responsible for developing and sustaining an expanding portfolio of plastic products and components. This person will work closely with fluidics, mechanical and system engineers to establish requirements, design consumable products, and work closely with OEM partners and our in-house manufacturing team to develop the tools and processes to produce a commercially viable product.
Areas of expertise required are injection molding process development, deep understanding of tool design and options, flow analysis, secondary processes of automated assembly, bonding and packaging of plastic parts. Other tasks include defining required QC test methods for dimensional, mechanical and performance verification.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing directions and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating across the organization and with external partners, and provide immediate contribution.
- Work on project teams to develop products and establish requirements and physical specifications.
- Develop tools and processes to mold and assemble the part to meet specifications.
- Development of fixtures, secondary tooling and QC test equipment.
- Technology transfer to OEM vendors or in-house functional groups.
- Define and perform part qualification.
- Write and version control drawings, process instruction, equipment work instructions and QC processes.
- Manage OEM vendors through the development and sustaining manufacturing of the products.
- Training of vendor or in-house production and QC personnel.
- Schedule, conduct and document communication forums.
Required Skills and Background
- B.S. Engineering or higher in mechanical or process engineering
- 5+ years hands-on thermoplastic process engineering experience, preferable in high precision tool machining and injection molding.
- Working knowledge of Solid works to maintain and update drawings.
- Ability to define requirements and drive the development of fixtures and tooling for assembly, bonding and packaging.
- Preferred experience in molding and assembly of high precision fluidic or medical devices.
- Ability to write work instruction and train others to successfully perform the work. Work within an ISO certified production and development process.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills with colleagues and external collaborators.
- Desire to make a beneficial impact.
- Must be willing to travel domestically ~ 20%