Senior Financial Analyst
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Financial Analyst
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Senior Financial Analyst. This position will provide financial planning, analysis, and reporting for Operations that will help guide business decisions of Senior Leaders. The ideal candidate will have a strong planning and analysis background with an understanding of the fundamentals of general and cost accounting. Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Manage annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for manufacturing and operations.
- Analyze department expense variances and other cost of goods sold (actual to budgets/forecasts).
- Forecast and analyze inventory, including absorption, revaluation and E&O.
- Build strong partnership with business owners; be a key stakeholder and partner in defining cost efficiency target and action plans.
- Lead the financial preparation and verification of product costs.
- Develop financial models to drive cost evaluations, decisions and negotiations.
Required Skills and Background
- 6 years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role and a BA or BS degree.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills/modeling.
- Proven track record in business partner or corporate FP&A role.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task, fast-paced environment.
Desired Skills and Background
- MBA a plus.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Experience in multi-national organization a plus.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
or submit your resume at http://www.10xgenomics.com/careers/