Senior Financial Analyst, Manufacturing- Singapore
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Financial Analyst-Singapore
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10X team as Senior Financial Analyst in Singapore, reporting to the Sr. Director, FP&A, in the US. This is a business partner role supporting our new Manufacturing and Logistics Operations team in Singapore. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in operations FP&A with solid understanding of cost accounting. Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, and provide immediate contribution. Finally, the individual must have excellent communications cross-functionally and both locally and with the US Headquarters. Finally, the individual must have experiences in managing and being managed remotely in multi-national firms.
- Manage annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting process for manufacturing and operations.
- Analyze department expense variances and other cost of goods sold (actual to budgets/forecasts).
- Perform overhead and manufacturing variance research, analysis, and reporting.
- Forecast and analyze inventory, including absorption, revaluation and E&O.
- Lead the financial preparation and verification of product costs.
- Build strong partnership with business owners; be a key stakeholder and partner in driving start-up of the Singapore operations according to the timeline
- Participate in month-end and year-end closing activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, PO expense accrual, variance analyses, and reserve analyses.
- Develop financial models to drive cost evaluations, decisions and negotiations.
- Instrumental in new ERP system set-up and implementation for Singapore.
Required Skills and Background
- 6+ years of relevant experience in a financial planning and analysis role and a BA or BS degree in Accounting or Business.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills/modeling.
- Proven track record in business partner FP&A role.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated success working in a deadline driven and multi-task, fast-paced environment.
Desired Skills and Background
- Cost accounting experience a big plus.
- MBA a plus.
- Experience in biotech or pharmaceuticals industry a plus.
- Experience in multi-national organization a plus.