Senior HR Business Partner, Commercial
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Senior HR Business Partner - Commercial
A trusted advisor to the business to develop and lead the commercial people strategy
About the Role:
Our dedicated and passionate HR team paves the way for the organization to own the culture, live true to our values, and drive execution on our vision. Our company is in high growth mode due to our successes, and as such we have a newly created position for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to engage with our managers and teams to ensure that we provide an exceptional employee experience.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action-driven, flexible to change direction and approaches on a regular basis, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities and projects concurrently, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and make an immediate contribution.
The role is based on-site at the Pleasanton office.
What you will be doing:
Ability to execute employee programs and work strategically and proactively with HR and business leaders to create and implement process’ and programs on culture, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement and experience, employee roundtables, employee development (training and career development), Total Rewards, compensation, performance management, employee onboarding and assimilation, talent and succession planning, etc.
- Business Partner to the Commercial leaders and leadership teams as the key HR point of contact, thought partner and sounding board.
- Manage the alignment between functional and regional initiatives as well as the overall business, focused on high growth strategies and ensure successful execution.
- Consult, advise, coach and partner with the business on people and organizational needs.
- Identify, define and implement solutions that address the needs of the business while taking into account the broader implications.
- Drive the HR strategy by applying broad HR skills in the areas of organization design and development, workforce planning, coaching, employee relations consultation, program/project management, facilitation and communication.
- Identify talent issues before they affect the business.
- Ensure compliance of all HR practices within the area of responsibility and with legislative and regulatory requirements, standards, and other known relevant policies and guidelines.
- Act as trusted advisor to managers and employees.
To be successful, you will need:
- Demonstrable skills and experience in Human Resources Business Partner experience in a fast-paced high growth organization, preferable in either technology or life sciences.(minimum bachelor’s degree in Business, HR, Organizational Development or related field required)
- Current and strong knowledge of US employment laws
- Focus and demonstrate a passion to create an exceptional employee experience. Actively engaged in a proactive way with our employees and leaders on a global basis.
- Engage relentlessly (in a good way!) with our leaders and HR subject matter experts (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Employee Experience and Culture, HR Programs) to ensure that we can hire, develop and retain the “best of the best” and maintain our talent bar.
- Love data and should be an exceptional problem-solver who strives to provide our leaders with actionable insights on the talent within their respective organizations.
- Execution focused and gets things done.
- Understand the business and believe in our mission.
- Work strategically and proactively with our global leaders on employee relations, recruitment, organizational design, talent management, compensation, development, employee engagement and culture, and all HR programs.
- Care deeply about our employee’s wellbeing and morale (office environment, perquisites) to allow 10x to drive high performance, innovation and a strong sense of community.
- The ability to travel 10-15% is required.
Full training will be provided but, it would be fantastic if you already had:
- Master’s Degree strongly preferred
- Experience building and scaling high growth organization