Senior Instrumentation Project Manager
Location: Pleasanton HQ
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Instrumentation Project Manager
We are seeking an experienced, collaborative and results-oriented individual to join our 10x team as Senior Instrumentation Project Manager. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in both development of instrumentation (with hardware, fluidics, optics, software, and firmware) through commercial launch and technical project management. This person will work for the Senior Director of Program Management in a small team of project managers who help our teams efficiently develop and launch our extremely cool products. This individual will be responsible for project management support for multiple instrumentation development projects, both early-stage and late-stage. They will work closely with the technical project leads, product managers, and R&D management to define scope and staffing and to streamline schedule and statusing. The successful candidate will help establish and implement the processes for quick cycles of define-design-build-test.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Serve as project management support for multiple instrumentation development projects
- Help provide the framework and run the process of requirements definition, design, build, test, and transfer. In particular, coordinate the upstream requirements definition and the downstream testing between all of the technical disciplines.
- Help the technical project leads structure and track the project and and provide status to management
- Identify and resolve execution issues in the projects, including resources, technical performance, and risk
- Streamline our product development projects for best-possible speed and outcome
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering
- Six or more years of experience on instrument product development teams including at least one product transfer to manufacturing and launch
- Two or more years in a lead role in instrument product development
- Solid experience with optical, fluidic, and/ or chemical instruments
- Thorough understanding of hardware and software/ firmware development and transfer processes
- Demonstrated experience with verification and validation testing
- Solid understanding of technical project management
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills
- Strong communication skills: listening, speaking, writing, and interacting
Desired Skills and Background
- Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering
- Experience with biological instrumentation
- Knowledge of optical systems, fluidic systems, molecular biology, or cell biology
- Experience with consumable product development in addition to instrumentation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.