Senior Manager, Information Security
Location: Pleasanton, CA / San Francisco, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
SENIOR MANAGER, INFORMATION SECURITY
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Information Security with extensive hands-on cybersecurity experience and superb knowledge of information security standards and best practices to join our team. Our multi-disciplinary team in microfluidics, biochemistry, mechanical engineering, computational biology, and software has a proven track record of delivering successful commercial products built on deep technological innovation. We also take information security very seriously and protecting both internal and customer data is our highest priority.
- Build and lead the enterprise security program required to protect sensitive corporate and customer data against current and emerging security threats.
- Manage the delivery of day-to-day information security operations, policies, architecture and governance.
- Align standards, frameworks and security with overall business and technology strategy.
- Develop new and improve existing security policies and procedures.
- Perform regular security risk assessments and audits to ensure compliance with corporate security policies and regulatory requirements.
- Lead all stages of incident response, including preparation, detection, containment, remediation, recovery and lessons learned.
- Organize and conduct ongoing trainings to improve security awareness.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field.
- 10+ years of experience with information and network security and vulnerability management, with increasing leadership responsibilities.
- Broad knowledge and hands-on experience with information security technologies and solutions such as IDS/IPS, SIEM, UTM, VPN and anti-virus technologies.
- Experience with regulatory compliance, including SOX, GDPR and HIPAA, and familiarity with well-established security standards and frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST SP 800-53 and COBIT.
- Extensive experience with automating security logging and monitoring systems and log analysis tools.
- Experience working with MSSP vendors and EDR solutions.
- Experience with Mobile Device Management and security.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with demonstrated ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.