Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
10x Genomics is a rapidly growing company in the life sciences, whose core technology combines advances in instrumentation, chemistry, biochemistry, microfluidics and computational biology.
10x is looking for an outstanding individual to join its instrument development and sustaining team. This person will be responsible for manufacturing support for complex system equipment.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in engineering and systems troubleshooting. Knowledge and hands on experience with contract manufacturing, production assembly, calibration and control for instrument manufacturing and previous experience in managing manufacturing with contract vendors are required.
- Work to assure continuing quality of 10x hardware products
- Drive the NPI activities to launch new products
- Engage with contract manufactures to drive root cause investigations, implement corrective actions, monitor and trend RMA actions, and provide for continuous manufacturing process improvements
- Interfaces with design engineering and Product Management to coordinate the release of new products and firmware
- Work with design engineering to correct issues found during manufacturing of new products
- Provide in-house failure analysis and repair of complex biotech equipment
- Conduct regression testing of new firmware candidate builds and provide feedback to developers on bugs
- Design and development of manufacturing test fixtures as required. Design fixtures and tooling to help reduce cost of machine setup and reduce scrap
- Define, measure and report key metrics for production quality and cost
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering: Mechanical, Electrical or Manufacturing with 7+ years of experience, or MS/ PhD with 5-7 years of experience.
- Work history with several successful iterations of Design to Manufacturing transfers
- Ability to review and update mechanical drawings, ability to read schematics
- Creation of FMEAs, ECOs and work instructions
- Experienced in Supplier Engagement and support, domestic and off shore
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and assembly techniques, machining, injection molding, instrument and consumables for biotech
- Experience working with instrument manufacturing under ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 standards
- Experience with SolidWorks, JMP or programming languages a plus
- Desire to be part of a rapidly evolving organization, with a compelling technology, and taking products and processes to the next level.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.