Senior Marketing Content Writer
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is seeking a Senior Marketing Content Writer with a background or interest in genomics, genetics, bioinformatics or application of next-generation sequencing. The ideal candidate will have extensive scientific writing experience and creative storytelling to scientists as well as communication program development skills and an interest in developing the future of genomics.
The Senior Marketing Content Writer is part of the Marketing Brand and Communications Team at 10x Genomics and is primarily responsible for development of content across the department, including scientific and marketing communications, as well as development of advertising, promotional and technical materials to support campaign and new product launch plans. The person in this role will develop captivating content that enhances our brand voice and aligns with the company’s strategy. A scientific background and experience in the single cell genomics and/or gene expression market and next generation sequencing (NGS) will make you an excellent candidate for this position.
• Work collaboratively in a team environment composed of Product Marketing, Marketing Program Managers, Technical Writers, Marketing Technologies, Regional Marketing teams, Designers and Web Developers, along with external agencies and contractors to help build whole story communications for inbound and outbound campaigns and programs.
• Establish standards and support Marketing Program Manager teams in the process of crafting messaging statements for marketing campaigns and product launches.
• Collaborate with Marcomm team, agencies and contract writers to create content that clearly communicates the desired messaging.
• Research and write marketing materials and technical literature to support marketing campaign plans and product launches. This includes ebooks/handbooks, brochures, flyers, guides, website content, product sheets, researcher spotlights, editorials, blogs, social media posts, videos, plus print and digital ads.
• Lead development of Application Notes, working closely with Technical Communications team and R&D.
• Manage 10x Blog – grow community with ongoing innovative and original posts, inviting guest bloggers as well as creating content that is memorable and sharable.
• Coordinate routing and review of literature in compliance with 10x Genomics Document Control requirements.
• Manage 10x Genomics Publications database, providing company-wide access to scientific publications.
o Review publications for annotations, create website summary statements and summarize key publications, monthly for Senior Staff.
• Collaborate with Product Marketing and R&D to identify and schedule internal and external webinars to support campaign and product launch goals. Partner with Marketing Technology team to promote, implement, and evaluate impact.
• Follow 10x voice and tone in development of scientific and technical content, as well as marketing tactics. Review and evaluate content for compliance with desired message, voice, tone, and style.
• Understand and apply reader-centered copywriting principles and apply these to the creation of technical, scientific, and marketing materials. Understand principles of writing for the web, including search engine optimization of web content.
• Fully understand the content architecture of the 10x web site. Write and publish web content using the content management system.
Required Skills and Background:
• Minimum of a Master’s Degree; PhD, or other advanced degree is preferred, in a relevant field (such as biology, genetics, biomedical, bioinformatics, or computational biology).
• Proven knowledge of single cell analysis and/or gene expression, NGS products and market, along with understanding the buying influences of scientific customers. Ability to understand and interpret genetic/genomic data required.
• More than 5 years writing experience related to scientific, diagnostic, or medical content.
• Demonstrated writing skills, with focus on clear, concise communication to targeted technical audiences.
• Knowledge of scientific publication regulations and best practices.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with demonstrated success in creating and delivering effective presentations to senior-level audiences.
• Collaborative teamwork and leadership track record, ability to form, maintain, and lead productive cross-functional working teams who complete projects on deadline.
Desired Skills and Background
● Experience managing a webinar program.
● Knowledge of GSuite, Atlassian/Confluence and Internet proficiencies are preferred.
● Adobe InDesign and html experience a plus.
● Experience with Workfront or comparable project management system and digital asset management system.