Senior Network Engineer
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
We are looking for a Senior Network Engineer with extensive experience in designing, building and operating robust, scalable and secure networks to join our team. You will manage a network environment that supports large volume of data traversing multiple locations. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about network engineering and is excited to work in a highly collaborative environment alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
- Design, implement, and support LAN, WAN, wireless, and network security solutions that meet corporate IT and scientific computing requirements.
- Provide expert level technical leadership in networking for all infrastructure and network security projects.
- Assure the rigorous application of information security principles in the delivery of network services.
- Manage connectivity between multiple offices, colo and cloud locations in the US and overseas.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend solutions for improving network performance and security.
- Monitor network performance, identify bottleneck, ensures uptime, and troubleshoot network issues.
Required Skills and Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience with network engineering and operations.
- Expert knowledge of network and routing protocols – Ethernet, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, IPsec, etc.
- Experience building HA infrastructure by utilizing clustering, load balancing and other technologies.
- Experience managing DNS, DHCP and IPAM solutions from different vendors.
- Solid understanding of QoS technologies and congestion management.
- Experience managing firewalls and network switches from multiple vendors, such as Palo Alto, Juniper, Cisco and Arista.
- Experience in IP telephony and multi-campus video conferencing solutions.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language, e.g. Python.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Desired Skills and Background
- Experience in Windows systems and Active Directory administration strongly preferred.
- Experience in virtual platforms, such as VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM.
- Working knowledge of virtual network design and networking products on AWS.
- Professional certification such as CCNP or CCIE.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
or submit your resume at http://www.10xgenomics.com/careers/