Senior Product Designer
Location: Pleasanton, CA & San Francisco, CA
Senior Product Designer
10x Genomics is seeking a Senior Product Designer to craft easy-to-use web experiences. You will be designing for experts in scientific fields (though existing science background is not required), and your work will help them make important discoveries, faster. We’re looking for someone who’s a self-starter, demonstrates strong critical thinking skills, and thrives on turning complex processes into intuitive user experiences. People with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
Your work may span from designing entirely new products to conducting user research to strategizing about new features for our current web applications. Join our multidisciplinary team in making a real impact on cancer research, genomics, and people’s lives.
- Design interfaces and experiences for scientists, primarily on web.
- Build and test prototypes with users, primarily scientific researchers, and distill feedback into new product features.
- Create visual assets and reusable components for our design system.
- Collaborate with the product and development team to determine scope of new features, figure out priorities, and ensure we ship great software.
- 5+ years designing digital products.
- Experience shipping products (from inception to design to release).
- Experience with prototyping and conducting user research.
- Interest in designing products for scientists (existing science background is not required).
- The thought of turning complex processes into intuitive user experiences makes you happy :)
- Portfolio of design work (please share URL or files).
- Experience building design systems.
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
or submit your resume at http://www.10xgenomics.com/careers/