Senior Product Manager – Sample Prep
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is looking for a Senior Product Manager to own the Single Cell Sample Prep strategy and partnerships which is a key component of driving customer adoption of Single Cell solutions. This position will report to the Director/Senior Director of Global Strategic Marketing. S/he will be responsible for leading the Sample Prep product strategy and execution across the 10X Genomics portfolio, ensuring the 10x single cell products are supported with the ideal sample prep solutions.
This role will be responsible for communicating solution priorities to the development and application teams and work with outside partners, in collaboration with business development, to integrate into the 10x compatible product program. The Senior Product Manager investigates, selects, and drives the priority of sample prep solutions through voice of customer and feedback routed through the support organization. This role will be one of the key drivers of educating both the sales and support teams and customers on sample prep solutions for the Single Cell solutions.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Partners with R&D, Sales, Support and other functional teams to identify new opportunities in sample prep relevant to growing the portfolio.
- Develop, execute and monitor the marketing plan including product milestones.
- Ensures market information is acquired, competitive activity is monitored, and customer needs are identified.
- Provides sales support and training to worldwide Sales and Support Teams and distributors for Sample Prep solutions.
- Partners with Marketing Communications to develop key sales collateral and awareness vehicles to drive demand for the Single Cell products through the Sample Prep solutions.
- Defining new product requirements, product roadmap, product positioning messaging and go to market strategy
- Work closely with R&D teams/core development teams as part of the new product development process and to ensure requirements are met
- Collect voice of customer feedback and perform market research
- Develop content for marketing collateral and work closely with technical support or applications for technical
Preferred Educational and Experience Background:
- BA/BS or MS or equivalent degree in Life Sciences. PhD is a plus.
- MBA with emphasis in marketing is preferred.
- A minimum of 5-8 years of experience in the sample prep/ NGS Life Science industry.
- Experience with OEM partnerships and business development partnerships
- Experience leading projects with cross-functional teams
- Experience or knowledge in cell biology, cell culture, and flow sorting
- Experience in research areas such as Immunology, Oncology, and Neuroscience
- Must be able to build relationships at multiple levels within an organization
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence internal and external audiences, using both oral and written communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.