Senior Production Manager
Location: Pleasanton CA
At 10x Genomics, accelerating our understanding of biology is more than a mission for us. It’s a commitment. This is the century of biology, and the breakthroughs we make now have the potential to change the world.
We enable scientists to advance their research, allowing them to address scientific questions they didn’t even know they could ask. Our tools have enabled fundamental discoveries across multiple application areas, including cancer, immunology, and neuroscience.
Our teams are empowered and encouraged to follow their passions, pursue new ideas, and perform at their best in an inclusive and dynamic environment. We know that behind every scientific breakthrough, there is a deep infrastructure of talented individuals driving the life sciences industry and making it possible for scientists, engineers, clinicians, computational biologists, and more to make new strides. We’re dedicated to finding the best person for every aspect of our work because the innovations and discoveries that we enable together will lead to better technologies, better treatments, and a better future. Find out how you can make a 10x difference.
Senior Production Manager
10x Genomics is seeking an outstanding Senior Production Manager (Reagent Formulation, Gel Bead and Next GEM Chip Production). The ideal candidate will have a strong operational and production background in the life science, pharmaceutical, or semi-conductor industries. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of bulk chemistry formulation, surface treatments, bonding techniques, and assembling injection molded devices and machined components. In this role, the Production Manager will be responsible for the setup and operation of the Reagent Formulation, Gel Bead and Next GEM Chip production lines and testing of microfluidic consumables; ensure 6S practices and continuous improvement. Analyze and develop capacity and headcount expansion plan; oversee the receiving end of new product introduction and daily production schedules. The role encourages early engagement with cross functional teams to influence optimal production processes.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet daily production schedule and performance expectation.
- Adhere to general safety rules, manufacturing procedures, company policies and procedures, QSR, Good Manufacturing Practices, and FDA regulations.
- Make certain that all technicians and operators complete required trainings prior to producing products.
- Be the expert for the manufacturing processes in the area in charge.
- Timely report / escalate any incidents or situation (work-related or personal) discovered.
- Thorough investigation and roll-out of effective corrective and preventive actions for all incidents.
- Identify potential issues upstream, downstream and within production processes, and initiate proactive improvement teams to eliminate or mitigate the situation.
- Anticipate performance issues and lead complex chemical and microbiological related technical investigations.
- Lead and/or provide guidance and technical expertise for manufacturing related non-conforming material reports (NCMRs), and corrective and preventive actions (CAPAs) investigations as applicable.
- Participate in the investigation of customer complaints as needed.
- Drive for continuous improvements across the site and organization.
- Be relentless in leveraging digitization and analytics for effective and efficient decision making.
- Willingness to take on additional assignments or responsibilities as needed.
- Production area 7x24 readiness for audits and visitors through routine 6S of all areas.
- Support internal audit and external regulatory inspections as subject matter expert for manufacturing processes.
- Hire and manage a production team to meet KPIs and company’s goals.
- Drive employee development plans for progression and succession planning.
- Lead and own production resources (e.g. space, equipment, man) capacity models to drive availability to support production plan.
- Lead by example and be a role model for the team.
- Inspire the team with a clear strategic vision connecting the dots from company mission to the team’s goals.
- Building the finest team possible by recruiting the best, developing them to their highest potential and placing in roles that will best leverage their strengths to serve the business needs.
- Expect no lower than the highest standard of performance possible and drive accountability as a culture for the team.
Education / Experience Requirements
- 5+ Years as a Production Manager or equivalent
- 3+ Years producing chemical and biological reagents (Reagent Formulation, Gel Bead and Next GEM Chip Production)
- 2+ Years producing Life Sciences or Bio-Pharmaceutical products
- Degree in Sciences, preferably Chemistry or Biology
- Superior Leadership (Creates Clarity, Generates Energy, Delivers Success)
- Experience in leading and managing a site operation would be advantageous
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and process with great attention to detail.
- Must work independently and manage and mentor Manufacturing technicians and associates.
- Capable of understanding and analyzing complex engineering and scientific problems.
- Self-Starting, detail oriented, quick learner, strategic, creative and analytical.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.