Senior Research Associate – Process/Product Development
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x is seeking an outstanding Senior Research Associate to join the Process Development team and work on the rapid prototyping and testing of critical 10x reagents. This is a unique cross-disciplinary position that will work closely with a variety of groups including Molecular Biology, Microfluidics, QC, and Manufacturing, to develop and validate reagents for the rapid expansion of 10X product lines. Candidates must have a broad working knowledge of molecular biology and be able to apply that knowledge creatively and independently in a fast-paced work environment.
Individuals applying for this position must be self-starters, strategic thinkers, action driven, flexible in changing direction and methods, thrive in a fast-paced environment, excel at managing multiple priorities, succeed in communicating with all levels within the organization and provide immediate contribution.
- Assist in the development, optimization, scale-up, and technology transfer of new 10x products from initial concept through commercial launch.
- Preparation, formulation, and testing of unique 10x reagents either from SOPs or R&D protocols.
- Develop and implement QC methods to assess reagents and kits through a variety of analytical and
- Independently troubleshooting formulation and QC issues.
- Working with R&D teams to improve performance of the reagents in functional assays.
- Maintenance of batch records, documentation and presentation of results, writing SOPs, and training other lab personnel.
Required Skills and Background
- S. or M.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, chemistry, or related field.
- 4+ years of relevant biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Previous work with next generation sequencing sample preparation and analysis.
- Experience with a broad variety of molecular biology and analytical techniques including PCR, qPCR, RT-qPCR, ddPCR, PAGE, flow cytometry, HPLC, molecular cloning, ELISA, and nucleic acid isolation and manipulation.
- Experience with reagent formulation
- Ability to write SOPs and train others to successfully perform the work
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Desire to work in a flexible and fast-paced startup environment with
Desired Skills and Background
- Previous experience with liquid handling robots and high throughput assays is highly desired.
- Experience designing and implementing guard-band and stability studies of new reagents.
- Experience creating novel QC assays
- Proven ability to use a variety of scientific equipment including microscopes, plate readers, viscometers, Bioanalyzers, gel imagers, capillary electrophoresis, etc.