Senior Software Engineer – Algorithms
Location: Pleasanton, CA & San Francisco, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x Genomics is also a rapidly growing company, topping the San Francisco Business Times' 2018 Fast 100 for fastest-growing revenue among private companies in the Bay Area. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Software Engineer, Data Structures/Algorithms (Go/Python/Rust)
10x Genomics creates products that allow scientists to study the genome in new and more precise ways. Software is key to making these discoveries.
If you are the kind of person who is an avid fan of technology in all fields, not just your own, and want to apply your talent alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
- Manage the serialization of biological data into efficient storage formats.
- Develop performant algorithms to extract relevant information out of biological data.
- Write application logic and API endpoints for serving data to visualization applications.
- Develop test cases and identify datasets to validate algorithm correctness and performance.
- Read literature about emerging bioinformatics methods, and determine their suitability for 10x data.
Required Skills and Background
- BS or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, Bioinformatics or Data Science.
- 3+ years shipping software.
- Experience with numerical or statistical computing, particularly in more general-purpose languages such as Go, Python, C++ or Rust.
- Experience processing high volumes of data or complex data types.
Desired Skills and Background
- File format design experience a strong plus.
- Experience developing with gonum a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of linear algebra a strong plus.
- Bioinformatics experience a plus.
- Experience working within a web application stack a plus.
10x Genomics is headquartered in Pleasanton, with an office by Embarcadero BART in San Francisco. Remote development will be considered for the strongest candidates; Bay Area preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.