Senior Software Engineer in Test – Automation
Location: Pleasanton, CA & San Francisco, CA
10X Genomics is looking for engineers to provide the best possible experience to our customers. Software is an essential component to the 10X Solutions. We are looking for motivated and talented engineers to continue to raise the bar on software quality. Our team supports linux HPC applications, electron desktop applications, web development, and advanced scientific instrument software and firmware. The team supports a wide array of disciplines. We need technical experts to drill down into the details of software, test automation and computational biology, as well as generalists who can bridge the various domains. No one individual is an expert in all of these areas - we’re building a diverse and collaborative team to meet the needs of our customers.
Software Engineer in Test - Automation
You will be responsible for building automation tools to accelerate the software development/test cycle. You will work with software developers and testers to identify and automate manual steps in the software testing process. You will assess technologies and tools to support test automation. You will build frameworks to enable testers and developers to continuously add and run tests, as well as interpret results. You will incorporate automated testing into a continuous integration system. You will identify and support deployment of hardware and cluster configurations necessary for testing.
- Enhance and optimize our Continuous Integration (CI) infrastructure.
- Plan automation testing in collaboration with QA, software and computational biology.
- Develop new automation test frameworks for functional, platform, and performance testing.
- Develop and optimize CI test environments, including diverse operating systems and high-performance compute cluster managers.
- Monitor and report software issues across multiple projects and platforms.
Desired Skills and Background
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years in software test automation, or equivalent.
- Experience using Python and shell scripting to support CI and test automation.
- Extensive experience in Linux environments (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Experience with Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins).
- Experience automating electron desktop applications (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Experience automating web applications (e.g. Selenium).
- Experience with SaaS is a plus.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS) is a plus.
- Experience with cluster managers (e.g. SGE, LSF, Slurm) is a plus.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (e.g. ansible) is a plus.
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x Genomics is also a rapidly growing company, topping the San Francisco Business Times' 2018 Fast 100 for fastest-growing revenue among private companies in the Bay Area. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.