Senior Software Engineer in Test – Embedded Software
Location: Pleasanton, CA & San Francisco, CA
10X Genomics is looking for engineers to provide the best possible customer experience. Software is an essential component to the 10X Solutions. We are looking for motivated and talented engineers to continue to raise the bar on software quality. Our team supports linux HPC applications, electron desktop applications, web development, and advanced scientific instrument software and firmware. The team supports a wide array of disciplines. We need technical experts to drill down into the details of software, test automation and computational biology, as well as generalists who can bridge the various domains. No one individual is an expert in all of these areas - we’re building a diverse and collaborative team to meet the needs of our customers.
You will be responsible for the quality and reliability of our current and upcoming Embedded Platform.
How your day to day may look like:
- Work with various Engineering teams and Business to identify requirements and build testplan..
- Plan out resourcing needs for upcoming projects, and work with manager to reduce various risk factors.
- Test the deliverable and automate software simulated or actual instrument environments.
- Plan, execute and report results of testing against 10X instruments at both hardware and software levels.
- Automate verification scripts. Ensure automation is executed in a CI environment.
- Update/Review automation created by peers. Ensure automation repo and test-suites are functional at all times.
- Build next generation automation framework and various simulators needed for building a sustainable automation setup.
- Perform exploratory instrument testing on new/existing products. Evaluate/update existing test plans and test cases.
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years in Embedded applications testing in experience is required.
- Experience programming in C/C++, Python or equivalent.
- Experience testing firmware is a plus.
- Experience with building or updating continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or similar test frameworks is a plus.
- Experience in building simulators and applications using Raspberry Pi or Arduino.