Senior Software Engineer in Test – Firmware / Instrumentation
Location: Pleasanton, CA & San Francisco, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Senior Software Engineer in Test - Automation
At 10x Genomics, we want ambitious, talented software engineers to join us in building revolutionary DNA sequencing technology. Our multi-disciplinary team in microfluidics, biochemistry, mechanical engineering, computational biology, and software has a proven track record of delivering successful commercial products built on deep technological innovation. We are pursuing an enormous potential market with backing from tier-one venture investors.
While DNA sequencing technology has advanced rapidly, it’s still at a level equivalent to what assembly language was to computing, with huge advances yet to be made. 10x Genomics is creating products that will do for sequencing what C did for computing, bringing a leap in higher-order clarity and meaning to what is now very low-level information. Software is a key part of that leap. The scale and complexity of analyzing, managing, and visualizing DNA sequencing data means this is an area with no shortage of hard problems, where brilliant engineering still matters and can yield big payoffs.
We want computer scientists and engineers – not just programmers – who excel at creating elegant, practical solutions at every level from web APIs down to LLVM code optimization. We are developing performance-critical algorithms, highly parallel data analysis architectures, robust web applications, and rich user interfaces and visualizations deployed to desktop and cloud on legacy-free stacks. If you are the kind of person who is an avid fan of technology in all fields, not just your own, and want to apply your talent alongside a diverse team of experts every day, join us at 10x Genomics.
- Enhance and optimize our Continuous Integration (CI) infrastructure.
- Plan automation testing in collaboration with QA, software and computational biology.
- Develop new automation test frameworks for functional, platform, and performance testing.
- Develop and optimize CI test environments, including diverse operating systems and high-performance compute cluster managers.
- Monitor and report software issues across multiple projects and platforms.
Desired Skills and Background
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years in software test automation, or equivalent.
- Experience using Python and shell scripting to support CI and test automation.
- Extensive experience in Linux environments (RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu).
- Experience with Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins).
- Experience automating electron desktop applications (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Experience automating web applications (e.g. Selenium).
- Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS) is a plus.
- Experience with cluster managers (e.g. SGE, LSF, Slurm) is a plus.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (e.g. ansible) is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.