Senior Software Engineer in Test – Instrumentation/Firmware
Location: Pleasanton, CA & San Francisco, CA
10X Genomics is looking for engineers to provide the best possible customer experience. Software is an essential component to the 10X Solutions. We are looking for motivated and talented engineers to continue to raise the bar on software quality. Our team supports linux HPC applications, electron desktop applications, web development, and advanced scientific instrument software and firmware. The team supports a wide array of disciplines. We need technical experts to drill down into the details of software, test automation and computational biology, as well as generalists who can bridge the various domains. No one individual is an expert in all of these areas - we’re building a diverse and collaborative team to meet the needs of our customers.
You will be responsible the quality and reliability of our current and upcoming hardware products. You will work with engineering and software to identify requirements and build a test plan to verify system requirements. You will work with developers and testers to automate software testing on simulated or actual instrument environments.
- Plan, execute and report results of testing against 10X instruments at both hardware and software levels.
- Evaluate/update existing test plans and test cases.
- Plan automation testing in collaboration with QA, software and engineering.
- Perform exploratory instrument testing on new/existing products.
- Identify and automate repetitive software testing tasks as needed.
Desired Skills and Background
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
- 5+ years in instrument testing, or equivalent.
- Experience programming in C/C++, Python or equivalent.
- Experience in Windows.
- Experience testing firmware is a plus.
- Experience with Visual Studio is a plus.
- Experience with UI testing frameworks is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration systems is a plus.
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the mechanisms behind cancer, the immune system, and the fundamentals of biology at the single-cell level. 10x Genomics is also a rapidly growing company, topping the San Francisco Business Times' 2018 Fast 100 for fastest-growing revenue among private companies in the Bay Area. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.