Senior/Staff Scientist – Cell Biology
Location: Pleasanton, CA
10x Genomics is building tools for scientific discovery that reveal and address the true complexities of biology and disease. Through a combination of novel microfluidics, chemistry and bioinformatics, our award-winning Chromium™ System is enabling researchers around the world to more fully understand the fundamentals of biology at unprecedented resolution and scale. Learn more at 10xGenomics.com.
Fueled by equal parts scientific vision and determined passion, we are delivering unprecedented innovation to short-read sequencing technologies and transforming how genomic information is accessed. You will feel the 10x difference the moment you enter our offices and labs. There’s a dynamic energy here, and we’re looking for the best of the best to be a part of it. We are seeking talented professionals excited to build new technology that advances scientific research while growing their career within a dynamic, supportive environment.
Staff Scientist - Cell Biology
10x Genomics is looking for an outstanding Staff-Level scientist to drive development of new biological sample preparation and analysis methods. The ideal candidate will have a proven track-record of developing advanced methods or systems for propagation, perturbation and/or analysis of mammalian cells and tissues. He/she should be driven by making great products and enjoy working in a truly multi-disciplinary environment. This position will interact closely with colleagues in computational biology, software, applications, chemistry, microfluidics and engineering. Must have a minimum 5 years postdoctoral or industry experience
- Conceive and develop novel methods or systems for preparing cell and tissue samples for analysis using the 10x technology platform
- Conceive and develop novel cell-based assays enabled by the 10x technology platform
- Work closely with cross-functional R&D teams to interpret high-throughput genomic data from cell and tissue samples to guide product development
- Plan and perform systematic protocol optimization by modeling, identification of critical steps and use of formal design of experiment (DOE) approaches
- Follow good laboratory practices, including maintenance of accurate laboratory notebooks
Required Skills and Background
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology or a similar field plus minimum 5 years postdoctoral or industry experience
- Proven ability to develop advanced methods or systems for cell or tissue analysis, as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications or published patents
- Experience developing high-throughput cell culture systems and/or cell-based assays a significant plus
- Experience in high-content screening, single-cell genomics, functional genomics or immunology a significant plus
- Experience in analysis of next generation sequencing data a significant plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.